To celebrate the launch of the Zine we are seeking submissions for a Witchcraft 101 series. Pieces in this series should offer an introduction to an idea, and a personal insight into some aspect of your own craft that others can learn from - some insight you’ve had about magic in your own life, or the magic in the world.
- Your submission can be in the form of writing, art, or photos with a maximum of 750 words and/or 10 images. Images should be high res with at least one 3500 px wide if possible.
- We prefer submissions in the form of a Google Doc with the phrase "Zine Submission" in the title, shared with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pieces selected for publication may be edited in collaboration with the author for grammar etc, and to jive with the general tone of the site.
- Guest posts will be published with an author byline, bio, and link to the author’s website and causes they support (please include with your submission.)
- For now, guest posts are unpaid. Once we reach what we’ve determined to be a sustainable monthly income for our project, in order to cover Amy and Risa’s costs and labour, we are excited to start paying contributors.
- Topics we are excited to hear from you about (a non-definitive list): Activist Magic, Working with Ancestors, Art Witchcraft, Divination, Deathwork, Queer Magic, Neuroqueer Magic, Embodied Magic, Kinship, Indigenous Witchcraft, Black Witchcraft, Witch History, Moon Magic, Reparations/Money Magic/Great Causes, Sonic Witchcraft, Earth Magic, Science and Math Magics, Rituals and Spells to share, or stories of ones that worked.
If you know Witchy writers please share widely! Thanks and love!